A view of type form displays an editable form with several different types of fields. Depending on the data type of the fields you use in the form, you will be able to select from several different types of user interface widgets in the Property page.
As you browse the data model in the left hand tree, when a table is displayed ( ) the name of the table is followed by the type of relationship that the view has with with the previous table. Form views are used for displaying data in fields and writing changes back to the database. For this reason form views only support using fields from the starting table or from tables that are in a one to one relationship with the starting table. You cannot drag fields from a table that has a one to many relationship with the starting table.
You can however drag a sub view into a form view even if it is from a table in a one to many relationship with the starting table. That is because the sub view has it's own starting table and can therefore display and update data independently.
When you are designing a form or search filter you can perform the following additional operations:
- Add a new title: Drag the Title field from the left tree to the drop area. A title is a grouping of fields with a text label as a title
- Add a new label: Drag the Label field from the left tree to the drop area. A label is a field for displaying custom text in a view
- Add a new column: Click on Add column to add a column. Fields are displayed in columns so if you wish your view to display data on multiple columns you must add a new column. You can add a new column inside a title or add a new column to the whole page so as to put titles (groups of fields) side by side
- Delete a column: Click on Del column link to delete a column inside a title or for the whole page. The fields and titles inside the column are also automatically deleted
- Add a new tab: Click on Add Tab to add a tab. Data can be displayed in tabbed documents that can be used to group data into logical pages in a complex form
- Delete a tab: Click on Del Tab link to delete the tab. The columns and fields inside the tab are also automatically deleted