Views of type PrintFollow
A view of type print displays fields and sub views in a structured layout suitable for summarizing information. The designer layout for prints is very similar to the layout used when designing a form view with the following differences:
- there are no tabs: print views display as a single printable page and so do not support tabs
- there are not updateable fields: print views are designed to be printed and display summary information so you cannot use fields in a print view.
When you are designing a print view you can perform the following additional operations:
- Add a new title: Drag the Title field from the left tree to the drop area. A title is a grouping of fields with a text label as a title
- Add a new label: Drag the Label field from the left tree to the drop area. A label is a field for displaying custom text in a view
- Add a new column: Click on Add column to add a column. Fields are displayed in columns so if you wish your view to display data on multiple columns you must add a new column. You can add a new column inside a title or add a new column to the whole page so as to put titles (groups of fields) side by side
- Delete a column: Click on Del column link to delete a column inside a title or for the whole page. The fields
and titles inside the column are also automatically deleted
Please sign in to leave a comment.