Placeholders are an advanced feature of Career Centres that allow you to display dynamic content in page templates. Placeholders work in the following way:
- Identify a region in a page template that needs to change according to the page it is displayed on
- Create a placeholder using the back office user interface
- Position the placeholder in the page template using the placeholder portlet (see Portlet reference)
- Set the placeholder text according to the location you are in
For example: say you have an area in your page template that you wish to use to display a banner showing an advertisement regarding your benefits package. You wish to display this banner in all pages except for the application form page as you do not wish to distract the candidate while they are applying.
In this example you would:
- Create a placeholder called Banner
- Put a placeholder portlet in the page template binding it to Banner
- Set the HTML recalling the image you require in the Banner portlet at the root of the site
- Stop the banner portlet from inheriting content at the application form
Please sign in to leave a comment.