Security management in Altamira Recruiting is built around the concepts of
To manage security it is important to understand how these aspects interact with each other.
- Users access the platform using a username and a password
- All the activities that users go through are tracked and associated with that user name
- When creating vacancies, projects, activities and many other objects on the platform the current user becomes the owner of those objects. Because of this it is a good practice to give each user their own account
- It is more convenient to manage security with groups than with individual users.
- Permissions define what features of the platform users are able to access
- It is usually not necessary to configure permissions explicitly as the built in groups are usually sufficiently well configured for most organizations
- Permissions govern access, search, write and delete capabilities for the platform features they are applied to.
- Right are specific capabilities that cannot be handles with permissions. A typical example of a user right is the capability to publish a vacancy. Rights are granted to users or groups and the platform checks to see if a user or a group the users are a member of has the necessary right to perform the operation requested.